I’ve gotten the diet down pat.
I understand the macros.
I’ve become a pro at documenting my eating and training patterns.
I’ve conditioned myself to excel in a fasted state.
It’s time to get serious.
Here is the plan I’ll be using from this point on to get freakin chiseled. Mmmmyeaaa. The plan is, of course, up for tweaking, especially if anyone more knowledgable here has any input!
I’ll be sure to blog as much as I can, hopefully daily. I’ll keep you all in the loop as to how this is going and keep you updated with food diaries, recipe posts, pictures, and stats.
So let’s get this thing started, shall we?
1) During the morning fast, nothing will be consumed except for water and tea (with stevia).
2) Fast until
1:00 PM 12:30 PM. At noon, either Meal 1 or a cup of coffee with half and half will be probably be consumed (unless it is a workout day – I wouldn’t break the fast with fat)
3) Carb refeed days will be on
Monday and Friday (both after heavy workouts) Wednesday, progressing to 2 days a week if necessary
4) On refeed days, lunch will be a lean protein and a starchy vegetable (most likely butternut squash)
5) On normal (rest) days, lunch is either a bigass salad with meat, protein soup, or a good piece of meat with green vegetables.
6) Fat is kept low on training day lunch and high (normal/primal) on rest days.
7) Dinner is eaten between 6:00 and 6:30. 99% of the time Dinner is a good piece of meat with green vegetables.
8) After Dinner, the remaining calories and protein needed for the day will be eaten as protein pudding* (with casein as protein source) or as a simple casein shake.
*Protein Pudding = avocado, almond milk, cocoa powder, stevia, coconut oil, salba
9) I will eat about 100 grams of protein every day – 1 gram per lb of lean bodyweight.
10) LHT three times a week – M, W, F.
11) Lifting schedule –
MONDAY – Legs/Lower Back (Squats, Deadlifts, Lunges, Plank) WEDNESDAY - Upper Body/Back (Pushups, Pullups, Plank)
FRIDAY - Targeted (Calves, Shoulders, Triceps, Plank)
MONDAY – Legs, Lower Back, Calves, Plank
WEDNESDAY – Upper Body, Back, Shoulders, Triceps
FRIDAY – Repeat Lower Body
MONDAY – Upper Body, Back, Shoulders, Triceps
WEDNESDAY – Legs, Lower Back, Calves, Plank
FRIDAY – Repeat Upper Body
12) Start training with bodyweight and kettlebell exercises in the form of Al Sears PACE/Dr Mercola’s Peak 8. Progress to Reverse Pyramid Lifting once comfortable.
13) Kettle bell swings AND/OR Jump Rope or Mountain Climbers HIIT 1-2x week in form of Dr. Mercola’s Peak 8 strategy
15) Sat/Sun = Rest Days. Do weekly pics and measurements Sunday morning.
16) Continue current schedule of moving a lot at a slow pace (errand running, dog walking 15-30 min 2 – 3 times daily)
17) Gravity stretches every night for 30 minutes
18) In free time, do yoga and pilates. Possibly as a form of “play”..?
Here is the list of current supplements/vitamins I am/will be taking:
-10 mg BCAA 5-15 minutes before lifting
-Additional 10 mg BCAA X hours after lifting
(possibly another 10 mg after that)
-Vitamin B3 (liquid form)
-Vitamin D (1000 IU/day)
-Zinc -Folic Acid
-Digestive enzymes (
2x 4x daily)
-Betaine HCL (2 pills daily, after meals)
-YogaBody Stretch (2 pills 2x daily on empty stomach)
-Casein Protein Powder
-Iodoral (iodine) before bed -Vitamin E before bed
-Aloe Vera Juice first thing in AM and right before bed
A) Should/can I do HIIT cardio on the same days as LHT, or should I do it Tues/Thurs?
B) Can I do light Pilates on Tues/Thurs, or will that interfere with my muscle growth/progress?
C) What are the exact Macros that I should follow on these refeed days? (this should come with time, patience, and careful documentation)
So that’s that! Again, anyone who has any constructive criticism, further input, or ideas, don’t be shy – help a girl out!
*First Edit made 2/16/11